SSSMYP Community Grants
Are available to support Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations and Aboriginal not-for-profits to deliver culturally secure initiatives, events and programs to improve the lives of Aboriginal youth.
Applications for the Strong Spirit Strong Mind Youth Project Community Grants are now CLOSED.
We are offering these grants to help you support Aboriginal people (aged 12- 25 years) by:
- Improving their Social and Emotional Wellbeing.
- Increasing their awareness and knowledge of the risks associated with alcohol and other drug (AOD) use.
To be successful in your grant application, it should align to both objectives above.
Who can apply?
- Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations or Aboriginal-owned not-for-profit organisations
Organisations are eligible for one application per region.
When can I apply?
Applications are open now and will close Friday 5pm, 28th April 2023. Late applications will not be accepted.
How much can I apply for?
Applicants can apply for funding up to $30,000 to support the proposed project or activity. A detailed expenditure budget is part of your application.
What type of activities can I provide?
Activities which relate to:
- Connection to you as a Person /Body
- Connection to your Mind and Emotions
- Connection to Family and Kinship
- Connection to Community
- Connection to Culture
- Connection to Country
- Connection to Spirituality, Ancestors
- AOD prevention education
How can I apply?
Before you apply you must read the Strong Spirit Strong Mind Youth Project Grant Guidelines which is included in the application form.
To apply, download the application form.
If your application is successful, you will receive funding by 30 June 2023.
Your program activity should be delivered within six months from the start of the grant. However, you may be able to negotiate a longer service period with the Mental Health Commission if needed.
You will also need to:
- Provide a Service Delivery report and Financial Acquittal report within four weeks of your program activity finishing.
- Reference and tag the Strong Spirit Strong Mind Youth Project in all your social media, communication and branding.
For more information, download the Strong Spirit Strong Mind Community Grants Guidelines.
Community grants form a part of the Strong Spirit Strong Mind Youth Project. Follow this link to learn more about our project.