Ways of Working
Ways of Working (WOW) with Aboriginal People Training
This two part whole day program focuses on introducing participants to working with Aboriginal people. Anyone within the AOD and MH sectors working with Aboriginal people is encouraged to attend.
This training covers:
- the exploration of Aboriginal peoples' lives before, during and after colonisation;
- developing cultural competencies,
- understanding oppression and how to challenge it; and
- building a stronger future for Aboriginal peoples.
This training is an expansion of the topics covered in Day 1 but with a more clinical focus. In Part 2 we look at:
- revision of Part 1,
- an introduction to Aboriginal ways of counselling;
- how to establish rapport (including skills rehearsal);
- using Aboriginal AOD models for culturally secure assessment;
- Strong Spirit Strong Mind Story Telling Cards and
- skill building activities to build confidence.
For more information, or to express your interest in attending this training program, please contact us.
*Please note that travel and accommodation are the participant's responsibility and the two days will not be concurrent.